Hi friends!
I'm currently in Waverly, VA after two days of cycling. We have gone about 100 miles total and I'm feeling good! Yesterday, our day started with dipping our wheels in the Atlantic Ocean and heading out from VA Beach. It was a beautiful day for riding and we even saw a strawberry farm where we were able to go strawberry picking. I'm not sure if it was just because we had been cycling all morning, but those were the best strawberries I have ever had. We ended in Suffolk, VA and were exhausted after day one. Everyone was asleep by 9:30pm. The floor is getting easier to sleep on (or maybe I was just super tired from biking).
Today, we headed out to Waverly, VA. Aside from a few gravel roads, the ride was beautiful. Not too hot and the shade was awesome. We pulled into Waverly (very small town) but headed out to check out the center of the town. We were fascinated by the Miles B. Carpenter Folk Art Museum and the main attraction: the peanut museum! It was the cutest little room filled with peanut art, posters, and a little shrine to George Washington Carver. It was adorable and this little old lady showed us all the art and peanuts. It was so cute and a great look into small-town USA.
Tomorrow we ride to Blackstone and we are getting into Higher mileage and more hills as we approach Charlottesville. I'm feeling good so far-- my butt is a little sore but definitely enjoying the ride. Talk to you all soon!
Love, Caroline :)
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment